Sunday 17 July 2011

Generator.

So I started a new job. I had been working in a large retail store called Homestore + More and I hated it with a passion. I had worked there for four years and I despised every inch of it. I hated the customers, the smell of the shop, the products, everything. I made sure to never do a shift there without using the words "I hate this place". So about two months back I was offered a job somewhere else and I jumped on it. I now work at Generator Hostel. The place is actually really cool and I quite enjoy my job, something I had previously believed to be an impossibility. It's build in an old building in the middle of Dublin but the interior design is really modern and colorful. Anyways, I thought I'd try my hand at some interior photography before the place opened up. This is the first time my subject has been a building rather than a person, event etc. so I really don't know if this is how I was supposed to shoot it but I kinda dig the photos anyway. Enjoy. 













Also, be nice to people who work in retail. They are in now way inferior to you. They have to put up with a lot of shit because you can NEVER be too good at your job when you're selling things to people.  You never know when you might have to depend on the good nature of people. 

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are totally professional looking. Generator should pay you loads of money to use them in their propaganda. And I agree about being kind to people working in any service industry. I've had so many service jobs, and it's always obvious when a customer has not - or at least their parents did not teach them manners - or they aren't intelligent enough to figure out why it's preferable to have manners on their own.
    This is Erin, your favorite customer, BTW. I don't know how to make it say my name...but I like the March Hare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erin! Thanks for checking out the page. As you can see it's very much still a work-in-progress. And thanks about the photos, Generator are now using them on their Facebook page. Also, I like "March Hare".

    ReplyDelete